Simple Ways to Make Your Kitchen More Eco-Friendly
Are Floor-to-Ceiling Cabinets Right for Your Kitchen?
If you have a small kitchen, you know how limited kitchen space can be. It’s important to make the most out of every single inch available in a small kitchen. Here are some no fail ideas to help you save space in your kitchen and use what space you do have more efficiently.
1. Choose a single bowl sink. A single bowl can feel more spacious while actually taking up less space than a double bowl sink.
2. Check out a cabinet-depth refrigerator. A cabinet-depth refrigerator is made to line up evenly with the fronts of your cabinets. A standard-style refrigerator typically extends an extra 6 to 8 inches from the front of your cabinets. You’ll save space and hardly notice the difference.
3. Add a lazy susan to the corner cabinet. Corner cabinets are notorious for being difficult to reach items in. Change that by adding a cabinet-sized lazy susan so you can just spin to find what you need.
4. Add pull out shelves to the corner cabinet. If a lazy susan isn’t your style, instead use roll-out shelving in corner cabinets to avoid losing space while making it much easier to reach what you need.
5. Consider a kitchen cart. If your kitchen is too small for an island, consider a kitchen cart. A kitchen cart can roll out and provide extra workspace when you need it and roll away out of sight when you don’t.
6. Add under-cabinet lighting. More light makes any space feel more open and bright. Add under-cabinet lighting to give the illusion of more space, eliminate dark corners and help light up your counter prep areas for best visibility.
7. Choose an installed or built-in microwave. Typically, microwaves are installed above the stove but there are models that can be installed wherever you have space under a cabinet (even lower cabinets). Having an installed or built-in microwave gets the appliance up off the counter, giving you more of that all-important counter work space.
Small kitchens are known for being a hassle to work in. These seven no fail space saving ideas for your small kitchen will free up so much space, you’ll feel like you have a whole new kitchen.