Budget-Friendly Bathroom Makeover: Top 6 Tips
The New Look of Laminate: Explore Wilsonart’s High Pressure Laminate Countertops
A new year means new trend forecasts are everywhere. We combed through the predictions and the lists to bring you the top 9 trends for bathrooms in 2019.
1. Spa Soak at Home – The trend of turning your bathroom into a personal spa oasis isn’t new. However, bathtubs are making big leaps in helping recreate the tranquility of the spa in your bathroom. Tub features such as relaxing and massaging waterfalls, soothing sounds and zen-like lighting effects turn an ordinary soak into a spa-worthy soak.
2. Floor-to-Ceiling Glass Showers – Glass showers that stretch from floor-to-ceiling make any bathroom look taller and larger. Just be sure to have good ventilation inside the shower to keep moisture build-up under control.
3. Floating Toilets – Wall-mounted or floating toilets create a clean and streamlined look (no crevices and curves to collect dust and other bathroom grime) that’s fresh and modern. The best news is that floating toilets have dropped in price, making them more affordable for your bathroom.
4. Smart Toilets – Just when you thought everything that could be turned into a “smart thing” had been done, along comes the smart toilet. Smart toilets have motion-sensor operated hands-free open and close capability, customizable seat-heating, self-cleaning functions and even voice-activated flushing.
5. Floating Vanities – Floating vanities have been growing in popularity for the last few years and this trend is expected to continue with more finishes and styles coming to market. Floating vanities mount to the wall and have space between the bottom of the vanity and the floor. This space gives a feeling of openness that enhances your bathroom.
6. Gray Cabinets/Vanities – Gray cabinetry is the new neutral and not just in the kitchen. The many shades and tones of gray make it ideal for the bathroom. Darker gray can be used to create depth and drama while lighter gray is a great switch-out for all white. Gray works with nearly any color palette without feeling heavy.
7. Skinny Tiles – If you’re sick of subway tiles, skinny tiles might be exactly what you’re looking for. Available in a range of colors and finishes, skinny tiles placed vertically lengthen your bathroom or shower space. If your bathroom is on the smaller side, skinny tiles help create the feel of a taller, larger bathroom.
8. Unique Mirror Shapes – Mirrors can do more for your bathroom than provide a reflection. Unique shapes and borders shift mirrors from basic utility to a work of art. Unique mirror shapes give the bathroom a special touch without going over the top. Asymmetrical mirrors, rounded rectangles and circles are just a few options to choose from.
9. Matte Black – Matte black sink faucets, shower heads, tub faucets, towel racks and even cabinet hardware are bringing a fresh look and feel to the bathroom. Just be sure to balance matte black plumbing and accents with plenty of lighter elements to keep it from feeling dark and heavy.
Which trends did you already have your eye on? Did any of these trends surprise you? We admit to being more than a little bit curious about the smart toilet… warms your tushy and it cleans itself! That is definitely trend-worthy.