Planning a Bathroom Remodel?
Design Tips for Small Bathroom Remodels
Part of the fun of a bathroom remodel is choosing the improvements and upgrades you’d like in your new space. Here are some hot choices for you to consider for your bathroom remodel.
1. Hidden Tank Toilet – A hidden tank toilet is one where the water tank is hidden behind the wall. Also called a floating toilet, this option is a great space saver, especially if you’re tight on space in your bathroom. It also saves water and thus saves you money as most of these toilets are low-flow models. This choice works well with contemporary style or modern style remodels.
2. Shower Window – Adding a window to your shower is a great option for a few reasons. First, it creates more natural light for the space. Second, it adds a source of ventilation. Most bathrooms have a fan for ventilation and that’s it. Adding a window can give you some extra ventilation to prevent the growth of mold and mildew in your new bathroom space. Just be sure that the window sill slants downward to allow water to drain and that you use frosted glass to maintain privacy.
3. Add Lighting – Most bathrooms have only one or two sources of lighting at most. Add more lighting to brighten up the space. Add a light inside the shower. Add lighting around the mirror for makeup and shaving. Add lighting with a dimmer switch for relaxing baths. There is no end to the different ways you can use lighting to brighten up or set the mood in your new bathroom.
4. Recessed Medicine Cabinet – For a short while, medicine cabinets had all but disappeared from bathrooms. They are making a comeback with deeper, recessed medicine cabinets. The recessed design saves space while the cabinet itself provides valuable storage area for your bathroom.
5. Custom Shower Instead of a Tub – If you’re a bath fan, then by all means, include a bathtub. But if you are a shower fan, opt for a beautiful custom shower and forgo the tub completely. While most realtors would cringe, there are a lot of homes that only have a shower and ditch the tub. If you have the space for both, great. However, if you are limited on space and know you won’t use the tub, stick with a great custom shower instead.
Remodeling your bathroom is a lot of work but it should also be fun! You can pick and choose new items like a shower window or ditch items you won’t use, like the bathtub. This is your chance to customize your bathroom to your needs and your lifestyle. Enjoy it by choosing the options that really speak to you!