Your shower doesn’t have to be just ho-hum and functional. Your shower can be exciting and fun with these fresh tile trends.
1. Go for Graphics – Shower tiles with graphic overlays can take your shower from drab to fab. Keep the same color scheme but mix up the patterns for a funky and fresh look. Quick tip: avoid white walls, which will wash out your bold, fun tile choice. Instead, choose one of the main colors in the tile and use that to go bold on bathroom walls.
2. In the Basket – To add a feeling of texture while staying classic and neutral, consider basket weave tiles. The subtle texture adds visual interest in a soft and understated way that is classy and familiar.
3. Make a Statement – A statement wall is a great way to have fun with tile that doesn’t feel overdone–especially with bright or bold tile choices. Choose the wall behind your bathtub or the largest wall in your shower as your statement wall. You’ll make a statement with a big pop of color that doesn’t overwhelm your space.
4. Vary it Up – Variegated marble tiles feature irregular streaks and veins of color in various directions. The look creates a sense of movement, like rippling water. Perfect ambiance for a beautiful shower.
5. Drift Away – Driftwood is hot but wood panels in a shower are not a great idea. Wood warps and rots from excess moisture. Still love the look? Opt for porcelain wood-look tiles. You get the look of driftwood planks that can stand up to the moisture of a bathroom.
Plain white subway tiles are not the only option for your shower. Once you explore these fresh tile trends, you won’t even remember that those boring old subway tiles were ever on your list.