When you want to make some upgrades to your bathroom but don’t have much cash in the piggy bank, these affordable upgrades can give you the wow without hurting your wallet.
1. Touch up your bathtub instead of replacing it. Replacing a bathtub can be a pricey upgrade to make. If you have nicks and gouges or other minor damage to your bathtub, first try spot fixing it with a touch-up kit. Touching up the damage can make your tub like new again and you can save big bucks.
2. Freshen up old cabinets with new hardware. New hardware can totally transform the look and feel of your cabinets. Your cabinets will feel brand new again at an affordable cost.
3. Repurpose and reuse bathroom materials. If you have more than one bathroom you’re upgrading, don’t toss out what you take out of one bathroom if it might be a great fit for freshening up another bathroom in your home. Repurposing and reusing materials not only saves your wallet but it’s great for the planet too.
4. Use lower cost materials that look like the real deal. High-definition laminate countertops and quartz countertops can give you the look of natural stone options like granite or marble but at a much more affordable price. When looking at flooring, check out luxury vinyl flooring and vinyl plank flooring to save a boatload over natural hardwood and get the same look.
5. Give wainscotting a try. Install wainscot on the lower half of walls in your bathroom for a clean and fresh look on the cheap.
6. Don’t underestimate the power of a fresh coat of paint. New paint can do wonders in any room. Go with light airy neutrals to make the bathroom feel bigger. Or go with bright bold colors to really liven up your morning routine.
7. Install new faucets in the sink and shower. Faucet styles come and go and if your current faucets need to go, replacing them is an inexpensive upgrade. Many faucet options are intended for the DIY crowd and come with detailed instructions. The sink will be the easier one to upgrade but the shower shouldn’t be too big of a hassle either. New faucets give a fresh look on a minimal budget.
This list of affordable bathroom upgrades can give you the feel of a whole new bathroom, without the huge renovation price tag. Especially if you are the DIY type, you can accomplish most or all of these upgrades with a little effort and little to no professional help.