Bathroom Reno: Choosing Between a Walk-In Shower and a Bathtub
100 Years of KitchenAid – New Limited Edition Appliances Out Now
Bathrooms are generally low on space so you want to make the most of the space you have. This is especially true when choosing a new vanity for your bathroom remodel. Here are some questions to ask yourself to help you make the right choice on a vanity that works for you.
1. Who will be using it? Will it be just yourself or a couple or a whole family? Think about who will be using the vanity will determine the size and functionality you need.
2. How will they be using it? For example, if it will be a couple, will you need one sink or two? How much counter space do you need? Both are important considerations when choosing your new vanity.
3. What obstacles are there? You’ll want to look at where your vanity is in relation to the toilet, shower/tub, doorway and what kind of traffic flow there will be in the bathroom. You’ll want to make sure that vanity doors and drawers won’t be impeding the flow of traffic or a source of unwanted bumps and bruises because of the style or where it’s located.
4. Where is your plumbing located? In most cases, where your plumbing is and the space surrounding it will limit your options on which vanities you have to choose from. It’s very costly to move plumbing and while it can be done, doing so will add a big bump to your remodeling budget.
5. How much storage do you need? While this is also going to be limited by the space you have available, the way you are going to use your storage and how much of it you need is going to factor into the vanity you choose. Doors and drawers have different amounts of storage available so you’ll want to choose a configuration of doors and drawers that gives you the storage space and options you’re looking for.
6. What is your sink style? If you’ve already chosen your sink style, that can limit the options you have for a vanity. Some vanities work better with certain sink styles compared to other vanities. You’ll want to make sure that whichever vanity you choose will work with the sink style you’ve chosen.
Choosing a vanity for your bathroom remodel can be a tough decision. There are so many styles and types to choose from that it can get overwhelming. Narrow down your choices by reviewing these 6 questions about the space and type of vanity that will work in the space you have available and will provide the functionality you and your family need.