The Pros & Cons of Quartz Countertops
Narrow Kitchen? 8 Tips To Maximize Your Space
Dekton is a manufactured countertop option created from unique blends of the raw materials used in glass, quartz and porcelain. The blended material is then treated with a process that recreates the high temperature and high pressure conditions that form natural stone, called Sinterized Particle Technology. This technology creates a super durable and non-porous material ideal for many areas of the home, including the kitchen, the bathroom and even outdoor kitchens. Here are some additional highlights of Dekton countertops:
- Dekton is non-porous so it won’t harbor germs or bacteria that can make you and your family ill.
- Dekton can be manufactured to fit the unique dimensions of your space – without seams, joints or cuts. Because it is a manufactured material, it can be created for installation in one, seamless piece.
- Dekton is available in a ton of colors and textures, all of which have high UV resistance that prevents fading.
- Dekton is resistant to abrasion, chips, cracks or scratches.
- The non-porous material in Dekton countertops makes it highly stain resistant.
- The same non-porous quality that resists stains also makes the material completely waterproof. It will not absorb or retain any moisture or water.
- Because Dekton does not absorb or retain water or moisture, it is resistant to freezing and thawing.
- Dekton countertops are also fireproof and heat resistant.
- Dekton countertops resist the effects of normal wear and tear that age other types of materials, keeping your space looking just as beautiful as the day it was installed.
Dekton is one of many great manufactured options that can give you the exact colors and textures you are looking for in your kitchen, bathroom or outdoor cooking space. When spending the time and money to invest in new countertops, you want to explore all of your options. Dekton countertops are a great durable and attractive option to consider. Come by our showroom and see what new countertops can do for your kitchens and baths!